Parfum de fois gras !
Medical advice has 'confined me to barracks' so to speak and I am bored witless.
There is only so much re-arranging of one's sock drawer that one can take.
I have a tight chest and I'm not sure that anti-biotics are really the answer at all.
My great-grandmother (Nain Peneisteddfod as she was known), swore by goose grease for colds, rheumatics, shivers, rhumes, agues and lethargies or what the old village witches might have referred to as 'all diseases of the body proceeding of a MOIST CAUSE'.
Anyway, my dad tells me that when he and his brothers and sisters were despatched down to his grandmother's farm in Foel, Montgomeryshire from London for the Christmas holidays, if anyone caught a cold, goose grease was applied to the chest, along with a layer of brown paper and a very heavy scarf !
It apparently worked wonders although naturally created quite a pong.
Yesterday, whilst in the local butchers, I saw jars of local BIRCHGROVE ( -see yesterday's Western Mail for more details of wonderful local Ceredigion produce) goose grease advertised as ideal for roasting potatoes.....
I have purchased two, one for my roast potatoes and the other one, for my chest.
(I bet you're all really glad I shared that with you). I am determined to try out Nain Peneisteddfod's recipe for hectic flushes, shakings and weakness of any member.......
Ahem, perhaps I should send a caseload to Plaid !!!

1 Comments:
So how does one apply to come and cover you in goosegrease????
Post a Comment
<< Home